Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today was Thanksgiving, it was a wonderful day. I realized I had a lot to be thankful for. Out of all days to realize it, today was that day. I think it was the birthday card my mom gave me that really brought it to my attention. It was like it was customed made. My mother and I haven't really gotten along for quite a while..but today was very different. "I'm not sure why i wait for special occasions to tell you how much I love you, because that feling is always with me. From the minute I first held you in my arms, you've had a special place in my heart. And even though we've had our share of differences, I've never stopped loving you, not for a moment. You're a wonderful daughter, and you deserve to hear that more than I tell you, because you're more special than words could ever say." I must say that all three times that I have read it, I've cried, because that card is us. And I really needed to hear that. Especially since my family is moving 8 hours away from me. A few states away actually. Even though I won't see them quite as often I am so thankful I have them. They all have great qualites that I've over-looked for about 10 years now. They might not have given me everything that I wanted and I felt that I was entitled to, but they tried their hardest to make me happy. I don't want to make this long so I'll just leave you with this I think we should be grateful for things that we are blessed with every day, not just on Thanksgiving. I also think we should be a little less upset about the things we don't have or didn't get way back in the day. I am ashamed of the way that I have acted over the past 10 years towards my family, because I am lucky to even have a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment